- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons (ESTS) Database Annual Report 2011.
- Klepetko W, Aberg TH, Lerut AE, et al. Structure of general thoracic surgery in Europe. Eur JCardiothorac Surg 2001; 20: 663–668.
- Page RD, McShane J, Kinsman R, on behalf of the Society for Cardiothoracic Surgery inGreat Britain & Ireland. Second National Thoracic Surgery Activity & Outcomes Report 2011. Henley-on-Thames, Dendrite Clinical Systems, 2011. www.scts.org/_userfiles/ resources/634558869917493937_Thoracic_2011_FINAL.pdf
- Aberle DR, Adams AM, Berg CD, et al. Reduced lung-cancer mortality with low-dose computed tomographic screening. N Engl J Med 2011; 365: 395–409.
- Bach PB, Mirkin JN, Oliver TK, et al. Benefits and harms of CT screening for lung cancer: a systematic review. JAMA 2012; 307: 2418–2429.
- Giroux DJ, Rami-Porta R, Chansky K, et al. The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: data elements for the prospective project. J Thorac Oncol 2009; 4: 679–683.
- Goldstraw P, Crowley J, Chansky K, et al. The IASLC Lung Cancer Staging Project: proposals for the revision of the TNM stage groupings in the forthcoming (seventh) edition of the TNM Classification of malignant tumours. J Thorac Oncol 2007; 2: 706–714.
- Rusch VW, Asamura H, Watanabe H, et al. The IASLC lung cancer staging project: a proposal for a new international lymph node map in the forthcoming seventh edition of the TNM classification for lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol 2009; 4: 568–577.
- Travis WD, Brambilla E, Noguchi M, et al. International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer/American Thoracic Society/European Respiratory Society international multidisciplinary classification of lung adenocarcinoma. J Thorac Oncol 2011; 6: 244–285.
- Travis WD, Brambilla E, Van Schil P, et al. Paradigm shifts in lung cancer as defined in the new IASLC/ATS/ERS lung adenocarcinoma classification. Eur Respir J 2011; 38: 239–243.
- Van Schil PE, Asamura H, Rusch VW, et al. Surgical implications of the new IASLC/ATS/ERS adenocarcinoma classification. Eur Respir J 2012; 39: 478–486.
- Van Schil PE. Action point: intraoperative lymph node staging. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2012; 41: 839–840.
- Verhagen AF, Schoenmakers MC, Barendregt W, et al. Completeness of lung cancer surgery: is mediastinal dissection common practice? Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2012; 41: 834–838.
Video-assisted thoracic surgery
- Swanson SJ, Meyers BF, Gunnarsson CL, et al. Video-assisted thoracoscopic lobectomy is less costly and morbid than open lobectomy: a retrospective multiinstitutional database analysis. Ann Thorac Surg 2012; 93: 1027–1032.Mesothelioma
- Rice D, Rusch V, Pass H, et al. Recommendations for uniform definitions of surgical techniques for malignant pleural mesothelioma: a consensus report of the international association for the study of lung cancer international staging committee and the international mesothelioma interest group. J Thorac Oncol 2011; 6: 1304–1312.
- Rice D. Surgical therapy of mesothelioma. Recent Results Cancer Res 2011; 189: 97–125.
- Christie JD, Edwards LB, Kucheryavaya AY, et al. The registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: 29th adult lung and heart–lung transplant report – 2012. J Heart Lung Transplant 2012; 31:1074–1086.
- Eurotransplant Statistics Report Library. statistics.eurotransplant.org
- Fuller J, Fisher AJ. An update on lung transplantation. Breathe 2013: 9: 188–200.
See the entire Thoracic-surgery Chapter