Burden of chronic lung disease
- Bousquet J, Khaltaev N, eds. Global surveillance, prevention and control of chronic respiratory diseases: a comprehensive approach. World Health Organization, Geneva, 2007. www.who.int/gard/publications/GARD_Manual/en/index.html
- Office for Economic Cooperation and Development. Health at a glance: Europe 2010. Paris, OECD Publishing, 2010. www.oecd-ilibrary.org/social-issues-migration-health/health-at-a-glance-europe-2010_health_glance-2010-en
- World Health Organization. Global status report on noncommunicable diseases 2010.Geneva, World Health Organization, 2011. www.who.int/nmh/publications/ncd_report2010/en/
- World Health Organization. Sixty-second World Health Assembly. Geneva, World HealthOrganization, 2009. apps.who.int/gb/ebwha/pdf_files/WHA62-REC1/WHA62_REC1-en.pdf
Primary care practitioners
- 2nd IPCRG International Scientific Meeting, “Primary Care at the leading edge”, Thursday 26th May (Evening)–Friday 27th May 2011, Amsterdam. Abstracts selected for publication in the Primary Care Respiratory Journal. Prim Care Respir J 2011; 20: A1-A13.
- Pinnock H, Østrem A, Rodriguez MR, et al. Prioritising the respiratory research needs of primary care: the International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG) e-Delphi exercise. Prim Care Respir J 2012; 21: 19–27.
- Pinnock H, Thomas M, Tsiligianni I, et al. The International Primary Care Respiratory Group (IPCRG) Research Needs Statement 2010. Prim Care Respir J 2010; 19: Suppl. 1, S1–S20.
- Purdy S, Griffin T, Salisbury C, et al. Emergency respiratory admissions: influence of practice, population and hospital factors. J Health Serv Res Policy 2011; 16: 133–140.
- Starfield B, Gérvas J. Family medicine should encourage its clinicians to subspecialize: negative. In: Kennealy T, Buetow S, eds. Ideological Debates in Family Medicine. Hauppauge, Nova Publishing, 2007; pp. 107–119.
- Starfield BSL, Grover A, Macinko J. The effects of specialist supply on populations’ health: assessing the evidence. Health Affairs 2005; DOI: 10.1377/hlthaff.w5.97.
- Starfield BSL, Macinko J. Primary care impact on health outcomes: a literature review. Milbank Quarterly 2005; 83: 457–502.
- van Schayk CPO, Pinnock H, Ostrem A, et al. IPCRG Consensus Statement: Tackling the smoking epidemic – practical guidance for primary care. Prim Care Respir J 2008; 17: 185–193.
- World Health Organization. The world health report 2008 – primary health care (now more than ever). Geneva, World Health Organization, 2008. www.who.int/whr/2008/en/index.html
- World Health Organization. Primary health care. www.who.int/en/what-we-do/health- topics/Health-systems/primary-health-care/policy
Primary care and chronic lung disease
- Bousquet J, Cauwenberge P, Cruz AA, et al. ARIA (Allergic Rhinitis and its Impact on Asthma) 2008 Update. Allergy 2008; 63: Suppl. 86, 1–160.
- Chavannes N, Ställberg B, Lisspers K, et al. UNLOCK: Uncovering and Noting Long-term Outcomes in COPD to enhance Knowledge. Prim Care Respir J 2010; 19: 408.
- Haahtela T, Tuomisto LE, Pietinalho A, et al. A 10 year asthma programme in Finland: major change for the better. Thorax 2006; 61: 663–670.
- Hakim F, Hellou E, Goldbart A, et al. The acute effects of water-pipe smoking on the cardiorespiratory system. Chest 2011; 139: 775–781.
- Haughney J. Who should look after children with asthma. Prim Care Respir J 2011; 20: 9–10.
- Ong BA, Forester J, Fallot A. Does influenza vaccination improve pediatric asthmaoutcomes? J Asthma 2009; 46: 477–480.
- Schermer T, van Weel C, Barten F, et al. Prevention and management of chronic obstructivepulmonary disease (COPD) in primary care: position paper of the European Forum forPrimary Care. Qual Prim Care 2008; 16: 363–377.
- Ryan D, Van Weel C, Bousquet J, et al., Primary care: the cornerstone of diagnosis ofallergic rhinitis. Allergy 2008; 63: 981–989.
- Taylor DR, Hall W. Respiratory health effects of cannabis: Position Statement of theThoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand. Intern Med J 2003; 33: 310–313.
- Yusuf OM. Management of co-morbid allergic rhinitis and asthma in a low and middleincome healthcare setting. Prim Care Respir J 2012; 21: 228–230.
See the entire Primary care practitioners Chapter