- Annual Epidemiological Report 2011. Reporting on 2009 surveillance data and 2010 epidemic intelligence data. Stockholm, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, 2011.
- Immunization of people living with HIV and people at risk of HIV infection: clinical protocol for the WHO European region. In: HIV/AIDS Treatment and Care: Clinical Protocols for the WHO European Region. Copenhagen, World Health Organization, 2007; pp. 438–464. www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/78502/E90840_Chapter_12.pdf
- International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. Criteria for discontinuation of vaccination programmes using bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) in countries with a low prevalence of tuberculosis. A statement of the International Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease. Tuber Lung Dis 1994; 75: 179–180.
- Kaufmann SHE. Fact and fiction in tuberculosis vaccine research: 10 years later. Lancet Infect Dis 2011; 11: 633–640.
- Whitney CG, Farley MM, Hadler J, et al. Decline in invasive pneumococcal disease after the introduction of protein–polysaccharide conjugate vaccine. N Engl J Med 2003; 348: 1737–1746.
- Woodhead M, Blasi F, Ewig S, et al. Guidelines for the management of adult lower respiratory tract infections – full version. Clin Microbiol Infect 2011; 17: Suppl. 6, E1–E59.
- Zepp F, Heininger U, Mertsola J, et al. Rationale for pertussis booster vaccination throughout life in Europe. Lancet Infect Dis 2011; 11: 557–570.
See the entire Immunisation against respiratory diseases Chapter